Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lisboa

I went with Dexter to the popular market near Cais do Sodré to recycle some food the sellers usually give when asked (old vegetables and fruits, most of them perfectly good for cooking, but that would go to the garbage otherwise). There is a great french movie about this social problem (food being wasted only because people prefer plastic products that look perfect even knowing food is being over produced with huge social and environmental problems attached to this) called Les Glaneurs et la glaneuse (The Gleaners and I).

At afternoon, Marie cut my hair and then we went to help in the Popular Dinner at the Centro Social da Mouraria, a vegan dinner organized every thrusday by G.A.I.A. (Grupo de Acção e Intervenção Ambiental), an social and environmental activist group I worked with in Porto.

The night was really nice, with great food and where I meet lots of friends i didn't see for a while.

No comments: