Saturday, June 6, 2009

Briançon -> Paris

I woke up round 5 and, after having breakfast, the first car who passed ported me to Grenoble... the guy just spoke french, so it was not easy to communicate, he was going to his work and in the way we made an amazingly beautiful road passing some glaciers that are all year covered in snow... i had really beautiful pictures of this small part of this trip, but not any more...

Arriving in Grenoble he insisted in paying me a coffee and then i started hitch-hiking to Lyon... the place (as i was again inside a city) was not the easiest one to be picked up, but luckily a nice guy from mexico, Salomon, picked me and ported me just few kilometres to a place he thought was a better one... and it was, as in less than 5 minutes i got a lift to Lyon...

The guy who picked me left me in the metro and told me that it would be better to cross the city by metro and start in the other side to go to paris... and another time, following my driver tips i found a lift in 5 minutes (i think i was really lucky as Lyon is known as Hitchers Hell of France)...

The nice young couple who picked me left me near Mâcon in the highway entrance...there i wait for an hour and a guy picked just to port me few kilometres again to the next highway exit... there i was really lucky, and after 15 minutes waiting, an really nice old guy (he would be probably over 85!!), Mr Signorino, picked me in a expensive car and ported me to paris...

Already in paris, around 17:00, i walked around, realizing my mobile phone was not working (somehow when entering france they blocked my phone - is still not allowing me to make calls) and contacting helena, from HospitalityClub was not easy... finally i was able to contacted her and he had a funny encounter in a metro station... it was already really late (around midnight) and we had lots to talk in really short time as she had to meet a friend...

No comments: